Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene
FEP can be used to make high-temperature heat shrink tubing used for reflow catheter layups. FEP is used for many purposes where sterilization and heat resistance are primary factors. It is very similar to PTFE chemically. It adds on a CF3 pendant group every fourth carbon, which dramatically lowers its crystallinity. Because it is less crystalline than PTFE, its melt temperature is lower, which allows it to be melt-processed. All of its other material properties are nearly identical to those of PTFE.
Just for You
Nordson MEDICAL engineers around optimal functionality. Our FEP heat shrink tubing is tailored to your exact requirements through custom sizing, colors, and shrink ratios.
- Custom colors
- Fluoropolymer heat shrink
- Chemically inert
- Surface etching available
- Recovered heat shrink can be sterilized with gas (EtO) or steam (autoclave)
- Minimum expanded ID: custom-sized to fit over application OD
- Maximum recovered ID: custom-sized to shrink below application OD
- Approximate FEP melt recovery temperatures: 425°F (218°C)
- Custom shrink ratios up to 1.8:1
- Cut to length
- Various packaging applications
- Ideal for strain relief applications
Contact us to discuss your needs.
Find mechanical, thermal, and electrical specifications for FEP heat shrink tubing.