Polyimide & Composite Film Cast Tubing
Nordson MEDICAL has the broadest, most versatile medical tubing line in the industry. Our extensive selection of polyimide tubing features:
- Very thin wall thickness
- Tight-tolerance inner and outer diameters
- Outstanding electrical insulation properties
- Stiffness and column strength as required
- Ability to withstand very high temperatures
- 81 different layering and custom composite configurations
Our Online Store offers a full range of thin-wall polyimide tubing products.
- More than 200 configurations of tight-tolerance polyimide tubing
- Inner diameter (ID) range: 0.004"–0.085" (in 0.001" increments)
- Wall thicknesses: thick, thin, and ultrathin
Unlimited Custom Configurations
Don't see the thin-wall polyimide tubing you need in our Online Store? Our made-to-order, tight-tolerance polyimide tubing is manufactured to your specifications. Contact us to discuss your needs.
- ID range: 0.004"–0.085"
- Wall thickness range: 0.0005"–0.0100"
- Colors: amber, red, yellow, black, and green
Thin-wall polyimide tubing can be blended, braided, or layered with multiple polymers to get the performance characteristics your application requires:
- Low-friction layer inside or outside
- Fusible thermoplastic outer layer
- Improved kink radius
- Excellent torque when braided
Our composite tubing features:
- More than 80 layer combinations
- Many materials, including PTFE, Nylon, Pebax®, Polyurethane, Polyphenylsulfone, and Polyimide
Our braid-reinforced tubing comprises 4+ layers with wire braid in the middle for torque, tensile strength, and kink resistance. Why choose polyimide over extrusions?
- Smaller diameters
- Thinner wall thickness
- Tighter tolerances
Stock and Made-to-Order Braid-Reinforced Tubing
Our Online Store carries a variety of configurations of braid-reinforced tubing.
- ID range: 0.013"–0.074"
- Wall thickness range: 0.002"–0.008"
Our made-to-order braid-reinforced tubing is manufactured to your specifications:
- ID range: 0.004"–0.420"
- Wall thickness range: 0.0005"–0.010"
Precision Wire Coatings
Because of its outstanding electrical insulation properties, polyimide makes an ideal wire coating, with:
Contact Us to Learn More
- High dielectric strength
- Precision tolerances
- Resistance to chemicals and high temperatures
- Thin wall thickness
- High strength