PET Makes it Possible
Nordson MEDICAL is known for having PET heat shrink tubing with the thinnest walls and strongest performance. Heat shrink tubing provides insulation, protection, stiffness, sealing, and strain reliefs for a variety of applications, without significantly adding to the profile of a device. A versatile alternative to conventional techniques, heat shrink is easy to use and quickly takes the shape of the object it's being applied to.
Nordson MEDICAL offers a range of in-stock heat shrink tubing sizes, colors, and printing, with custom solutions available to meet your specifications.
Visit Online Store
Applications of PET Heat Shrink Tubing
PET heat shrink tubing is used for a wide range of medical device applications and as a manufacturing aid.
Read White Paper
- Electrical Insulation: Because of the high dielectric strength of PET, it is ideal for use with energy-generating or sensing devices and can be left on devices with negligible effect on profile.
- Variable-Stiffness Shafts: Because of its ultrathin walls and high strength, our PET heat shrink tubing can add stiffness to some or all of a shaft while adding very little to the profile.
- Braid Termination: The high hoop strength and perforation resistance of our PET heat shrink tubing can encapsulate and collapse braid terminations, preventing end-wire exposure while preserving low profile.
- Pad Printing or Marking: Our custom configurations allow for pad printing or marking the tubing to avoid printing directly on a device.
- Protective Covering/Coating and Bundling: PET heat shrink tubing can cover parts that require a thin but very strong outer layer, or bundle and compress components together into a tight configuration.
- Bonding: PET heat shrink tubing can bond both ends of a balloon to a catheter or add strength to an existing bond.
- Masking: Thin-walled PET heat shrink tubing can be applied to sections of a catheter where coatings of various types are unwanted.
- Manufacturing Aid: Using PET heat shrink tubing as an aid that is removed in process can be used for bundling, preserving the wrapped profile of a balloon or stent, masking, or preventing the need to scrap the entire catheter.
Thinnest, Yet Strongest
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) medical heat shrink tubing combines incredible strength and durability with extraordinarily thin walls, and can be drawn-down while maintaining its strength. PET heat shrink can easily be left on a finished device without significantly affecting the profile. Its incredible dielectric strength makes PET heat shrink ideal for electrical insulation.
We are the exclusive supplier of PET medical heat shrink tubing, which uses a proprietary process developed by Vention Medical / Advanced Polymers.
Find specifications like diameter, wall thickness, shrinkage, and biocompatibility for thin-wall heat shrink tubing.
Our Online Store offers a full range of thin-wall heat shrink tubing products.
- Inner diameter (ID) range: 0.006"–0.5"
- Wall thickness: as thin as 0.0001"
Unlimited Custom Configurations
Don't see the heat shrink tubes you need in our Online Store? Our custom medical heat shrink tubing can be fabricated to your specifications. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Contact Us Today