Building on our expertise in medical tubing, Nordson MEDICAL has full capabilities to design and manufacture high-performance reinforced catheter tubing. Reinforced catheter tubing is ideal for medical device applications that require:
- Kink resistance
- Compression resistance
Experts in Medical Reinforced Tubing
Starting with your clinical requirements, our engineers can work with you to design and manufacture high-performance medical reinforced tubing with the performance characteristics you need. Our capabilities include:
- Braid-reinforced microtubing
- Reel-to-reel braid-reinforced tubing
- High-pressure braided tubing
- Complex coil- and braid-reinforced shafts
Our braid-reinforced microtubing is fabricated using the film-coat process developed for polyimide tubing.
- 4–5 layers of different materials within a 0.003" wall thickness
- Metallic and nonmetallic braid reinforcement (8–16 wires)
Reel-to-Reel Braid-Reinforced Catheter Tubing
We offer continuous reel-to-reel braiding, which allows us to produce millions of feet of braid-reinforced catheter tubing each year.
- Cost effective
- Consistent and reliable
- Variable pitch in continuous lengths also available
High-Pressure Braided Tubing (HPBT)
Our high-pressure braid-reinforced tubing can be manufactured to precise tolerances at high or low volumes.
- Combines high strength and flexibility
- Withstands up to 1,200 psi working pressure
- Custom designs also available
Complex Coil- and Braid-Reinforced Shafts
Our complex coil- and braid-reinforced shafts are designed and manufactured to your specifications. We offer a wide range of dimensions and materials, including polyimide. Contact us to discuss your design intent and we'll work with you to design a device with the performance characteristics you need. Our capabilities include:
- Variable-pitch braid-reinforced shafts
- Coil-reinforced shafts
- 16-, 32-, and 48-carrier braiders
- Fiber/nonmetallic braiding
- Custom tipping
- Custom hole punching & drilling
Vertical integration is how we offer customers the most cost-effective, innovative, catheter-based devices on the market. Our Catheter Center of Excellence offers everything you need to build your device, from leading-edge components to design and development support to high-volume manufacturing.